Customers expect organizations to plan and prepare for unforeseen events. Through an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301, organizations can build the resilience and capability to keep operating when unexpected disruptions occur. This increases customer confidence – especially when the effectiveness of the BCMS is independently verified and certified.
To unlock the full potential of the BCMS, your organization must conduct thorough audits of the framework to ensure that it continues to be robust and applicable in crisis situations. You may also want to find out more about independent audits and how they work. Can you lead an audit?
This course will develop the knowledge and skills required to lead a BCMS audit, with emphasis on independent auditing principles and practices. Led by an expert instructor, practical exercises, group activities and class discussions will be used to guide you through the entire audit process from the planning of the audit through to reporting the results.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a business continuity management system, of business continuity management systems standards, of management system audit and of third party certification.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up business continuity management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a business continuity management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 22301 in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22301 and,
- Knowledge of the following business continuity management principles and concepts:
- the purpose and benefits of a Business Impact Analysis
- the principals of risk assessment and analysis
- typical Business Continuity Strategies
- business continuity response options
- BCMS performance metrics, monitoring and performance measurement
- exercise and testing methodologies