As it has become more important than ever that organizations recruit employees who can take a comprehensive view of information systems and their relationship to organizational and business success, many hiring managers look for CISA-certified candidates. For some business and governmental agencies, CISA is even a prerequisite for information systems and information technology roles. CISA has become world-renowned as the standard of achievement forthose who assess an organization’s information technology and business systems and provide assurance on their availability and sustainability. Since its inception in 1978, more than 100,000 people have become CISA certified to validate their expertise.
Holding the CISA® designation helps assure a positive reputation as a qualified IS audit, control and assurance and/or security professionals. Whether to enhance the on-the-job performance or to secure a promotion or new position, becoming a CISA® will distinguish its holder from other candidates and provide a competitive advantage.
To hold the CISA® designation, candidates are required to successfully complete the CISA® examination. The CISA® examination is administrated in more than 170 countries, including Indonesia and offered each year in June and December. The CISA® examination consists of 150 multiple-choice questions and is administrated during a four-hours session. The next examination will be on September 2016.
The CISA® examination is designed to measure a candidate’s knowledge, evaluation and application of IS audit principles and practices and technical content areas, namely:
- The Process of Auditing Information Systems;
- Governance and Management of IT;
- Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation;
- Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Management;
- and Protection of Information Assets
The CISA Certification was specifically created for professionals with work experience in information systems auditing, control or security that include:
- IS/IT Auditors
- Security Professionals
- IS/IT Consultants
- IS/IT Audit Managers
The purpose of this CISA® Review Program is to help the candidates of CISA® examination to prepare themselves to pass the examination and to provide thorough knowledge and practical examples to anyone who wish to learn more about IS audit, control and assurance and/or security. This course is not only intended for those who willing to take CISA® examination, but also for anyone who wish to learn more about IS audit, control and assurance and/or security. No specific requirements for participants. However, it is recommended that the participants have education background in IS/IT or have sufficient experiences in auditing.
The curriculum of CISA® Review Program is in line with the CISA® examination guidelines. They are:
- The Process of Auditing Information Systems
- Provide audit services in accordance with IT audit standards to assist the organization in protecting and controlling information systems.
- Governance and Management of IT
- Provide assurances that the necessary leadership and organization structure and processes are in place to achieve objectives and to support the organization’s strategy.
- Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation
- Provide assurance that the practices for the acquisition, development, testing, and implementation of information systems meet the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Management
- Provide assurance that the processes for information systems operations, maintenance and support meet the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- Protection of Information Assets
- Provide assurance that the organization’s security policies, standards, procedures and controls ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
*Material is presented in English, while lecturing is in Bahasa Indonesia.